Saturday 7 April 2012

New Citadel paints = no painting articles?



There's been a bit of fuss lately about the quantity and quality of the new Citadel paint range. To be honest, the change doesn't really bother me, I'm happy mixing Vallejo, Foundry, Citadel, Tamiya or any other brand, as long as the paint itself is worth using.

What I find odd is that, on the back of releasing the new range, GW seem to have taken down all the painting articles from their website.  Is this because the articles reference paints that are no longer available?  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Now I can't say GW was my main resource for painting guides, but when painting something new (or, like this weekend, something I haven't painted in years - horses) I like to have as many resources available as possible.  I'm afraid this is just another reason not to make my occasional visit to the GW site.  Shame.

4 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have new painting articles ready to go, and just update them on the morning of the new release?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or even just say "Our paint range is now even better" and leave the articles up? Or have an article on how to expand into the new paints? Anything would be preferable to just pulling years worth of content.

      Delete
  2. You're right about them probably changing paint names but they've always been a weird company about their paints....

    ReplyDelete