Tuesday, 20 March 2012

15mm German Pioneer Platoon

I finally got round to finishing the German Pioneer Platoon I've been working on.  They're all Battlefront miniatures, painted to my "B" standard i.e. they look fine on the table, but don't bear too much scrutiny close up.

My aim with these guys was to worry less about each individual detail and focus more on the contrast on and between each figure.  I think it has worked out well enough.

I also used some new basing materials, namely the Gale Force 9 blend range and some Army Painter tufts.  Although the balance isn't quite right (the bases are a bit too green) I'm still fairly happy with them.

I've started work on another SS Platoon and a British Mortar platoon, I want to try painting skin differently and practise camouflage at 15mm.  If these both work out I'll make a concerted start on my Fallschirmjager force.


  1. Very nice. I really like the basing, it really brings the whole model/base together.

  2. Damn nice unit, your B standard is damned good!

  3. Great painting, love the basing too!!!!

  4. Thanks for all the positive comments.

    Just remember poor lighting hides a multitude of sins though!