Saturday 31 December 2011

Happy New Year! ! !

It's the final post of the year, so a Happy New Year to all my visitors.  2011 was a fairly successful wargaming year.  I accomplished most (but not all) of the goals I set myself:

  • I managed to play my arbitrarily set number of games (12 - not a lot, but I managed none in 2010!)
  • I joined the local Wargaming club (although not the most welcoming club overall, there are some great, friendly guys there who've made me feel at ease there!)
  • I completed at least a unit/model each month (mostly for sale and mostly Flames of War units)
  • I rationalised my gaming collection, managing to get rid of most of the minis I know I won't paint and games I won't play.
  • I managed to start this blog!

So what was missed?

  • Errr, I haven't "completed" a single project for myself this year (by that I mean I'm not able to field any different forces for a game I couldn't in 2010.)
  • Inconsistency, there were a few periods this year where I didn't manage to get any painting done at all.  Understandable, you may think, but it really wasn't - on occasion I simply stopped painting for no specific reason.
  • The blog has been great fun to write for and has got me involved in the blogosphere in general, but I've been very inconsistent.  I had a modest idea of how often and with what content I would post, but I've not been able to meet that. Not due to having nothing to write about though, more difficulty in actually getting it written down and published!

Given the fact my non-wargaming resolutions were also fairly successful, I'm going to make another list for 2012, with a larger and a bit more specific set of goals for 2012.  These will go up on here for all the world to see in the next couple days.


In the meantime, a Happy New Year to everyone - I'm away to start on the beer!

2 comments:

  1. Good you've had a (fairly) successful 2011. Hope 2012 is even better, have a good and prosperous New Year.

    Slainte!

    Rory

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a Happy New Year to you too! Hope yopu have a great 2012!!

    ReplyDelete